@2023 by Charlotte McCoy. Proudly created with wix.com

The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, better known as St. Curvy for obvious reasons, was completed in 1911. Membership peaked for this congregation in the 1950's at over 2,200, but would plummet over the next two decades during the height of the civil rights movement.  Changing names and ownership in its final years did nothing to stave off the inevitable and St. Curvy closed it's doors for good just a few years short of its centennial anniversary in 2005. There is a bit of hope for the gorgeous English Gothic style building as current owners have sealed it off and begun repairs to the roof and integral structural supports. - Donald Golden 2014

St. Curvy Church - Detroit, MI